Role in the Community
Children are at the center of everything we do at CCC, but children do not exist in a vacuum. We recognize that children grow, live, and explore within the context of their unique families and communities. Our work includes supporting diverse families, fostering a strong sense of community, and ensuring the development of the whole child by understanding the communities of which we’re a part.
The CCC community is not limited by geography. We serve more than 160 families from over 20 towns, although more than 70 percent are based in Concord. And CCC works hard to serve the broader community by partnering with the following agencies, organizations, and groups.
- Center for Parents and Teachers, First Connections, and Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care – hosting parent and professional development workshops
- Concord Area Preschool Association – member; raising money for tuition assistance to ensure that children have an opportunity to attend at least one year of preschool before kindergarten
- Concord Family Network – co-hosting bi-weekly Saturday programming for the community in the winter
- Concord Public Schools – liasing on behalf of students transitioning to Kindergarten; using public school buses to deliver children from school to CCC for our afterschool program
- Council on Aging – hosting at least one field trip a year to a nursing home or assisted living facility
- Emerson Hospital – partnering with the hospital to use the Emerson building to provide infant and toddler care
- Massachusetts Coordinated Family and Community Engagement Grant – CCC is the lead agency supporting the First Connections program at Emerson Hospital, focused on outreach efforts to area families with young children
- Massachusetts Correctional Institute at Concord – providing materials and staff for Prison Outreach Family Day